I went to a neighborhood council meeting the other night and prior to the meeting a couple of 7 year old girls from the local brownie troop were there to sell Girl Scout cookies. In less that 7 minutes they were completely sold out! (for the record, they had more than 7 boxes).
How did they accomplish such a feat? Easy.
- They were cute (adorable actually)
- They had enthusiasm!
- They asked people for the sale
- They made recommendations and shared the tantalizing descriptions in vivid detail
- They provided solutions to objections (my daughter told them she was sorry, she didn't have cash, they said, "No problem, we take credit cards"!)
- They smiled
- They were in the right location
- Exclusivity (you can only get these cookies during a limited time)
- They knew their audience
- They made it easy to purchase
- They had a nice selection
- Their product was well branded from a trusted source
If you aren't selling as well as the Girl Scouts, it may be time to rethink your sales strategy.