Happy 4th of July! This is the day we celebrate our freedoms as a country, the birth of the United States. The day we became INDEPENDENT! Such an important word and one of the reasons people start a business is to have INDEPENDENCE.
1. not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself: an independent thinker.
2.not subject to another's authority or jurisdiction; autonomous; free: an independent businessman.
3.not influenced by the thought or action of others: independent research.
4. not dependent; not depending or contingent upon something else for existence, operation, etc.
5. not relying on another or others for aid orsupport.
6. rejecting others' aid or support; refusing to be under obligation to others.
7. possessing a competency: to be financially independent.
The best way a company can achieve that is to put systems in place, learn how to lead, not manage, recognize the importance of celebrating the milestones and the freedoms you have. And although I do believe no man/woman is an island, and we need help in running out business; to achieve true freedom in your business, it is important that you not depend solely on others to perform key functions or provide key pieces to make operations operate smoothly. Know what is going on, have a rudimentary knowledge of duties, responsibilities, have more than one source to get key elements or ingredients to make your products. As my mother used to say, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."
So celebrate your freedoms as an individual and as an entrepreneur!